Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2008

 I've been contemplating on crazy busy-ness and appreciated Yolanda's (yolanda-highergrounds.blogspot.com)  positive perspective in response to Terri's (terri-treasures.blogspot.com) posting last week.  Yolanda referred to our many tasks as 'God opportunities.'  As I am painting (13 hours today!) on the house next door getting it ready for the market, I have been listening to some great musically reminders of how much God loves us.  I have been particularly touched by the old hymn, "It is well with my soul."  "Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'"  And, that the Lord has washed away, "my sin, not in part, but the whole."  Making what could be drudgery, and a seemingly unending task, into several hours of devotional time has been a settling thing for my soul.  It seems a good lesson - sometimes we don't have to choose between busy-ness and God. May you surprise yourself with how often you can make space for God in the midst of your busy-ness.

Dawn


No comments: